Aptos Natural Foods is excited to bring Brisia's Chimichurri recipe to you! Packed full of beneficial ingredients, the Chimichurri also brings the flavor to your meats or tofu.This recipe involves the leafy tops of the coriander plant, known as cilantro. While some people have a genetic aversion to cilantro, those of us who are blessed with liking it can enjoy all the health benefits.
The 12 benefits of cilantro according to Dr. Axe are as follows:
1. Helps rid the body of heavy metals
2. Can protect against Oxidative Stress
3. Helps lower anxiety and improves sleep
4. Supports healthy Blood Sugar Levels
5. Can protect against cardiovascular disease
6. Helps prevents Urinary Tract Infections
7. Helps settle digestive upset
8. Can protect against food poisoning
9. Supports healthy menstrual function
10. Helps prevent neurological inflammation
11. May help protect against colon cancer
12. Can sooth skin irritation
Parsley has a few tricks up its sleeve as well!
Parsley is said to promote the following:
1. May help reduce cancer risk
2. Can help improve immune system
3. Helps against inflammation
4. Protects blood vessels Now for the recipe!
1 cup chopped cilantro with stems
2 cups chopped parsley
2-3 chopped shallots
3 large garlic cloves
juice of 1 lemon
3/4 cup olive oil
4 Tbsp red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano
1 Chile serrano or jalapeño
1 1/2 tsp salt
Mince the parsley, cilantro, shallots, garlic and chile. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well. You can also use a food processor and pulse all ingredients lightly. Use as a marinade or on top of grilled chicken or steak.